I have seen some agent/assistant relationships that I can tell were meant to be. Both the agent and the assistant show signs of their successful relationship.
Then, there are those agent/assistant relationships that are fraught with problems and miscommunication. Both the agent and the assistant show signs of frustration.
Every May 1st I look back over the previous 12 months and evaluate my relationship with my own lead agent. In 2016, this particular May 1st marks six years I have been with working with him. And there’s not a week that goes by that I don’t take a moment to appreciate what we have.
Here, I’ve put together 16 signs you are working for the right agent for you:
- You feel appreciated.
- You love coming to work every day.
- You feel challenged.
- You see the potential for growth in your role and that excites you.
- Your ideas are heard and you are encouraged to implement them.
- You shoot down your lead agent’s ideas and this doesn’t hurt her feelings.
- You have a sense of pride when you talk about your job.
- You pull together as a team when times are tough or hectic. You don’t hear or say, “That’s not my job.”
- You have fun.
- You have uninterrupted time to work on the most important projects.
- Your agent brags about you to other agents in front of you.
- You inherently feel like you are in the right place doing what you were meant to do.
- You feel protected. Your agent steps in on your behalf when other agents or clients threaten your well-being by cursing at you or refusing to work with you.
- You are well-compensated for your time.
- Your agent invests in your growth by paying for education, training, events, courses, or materials.
- You can’t see yourself working for anyone else.
Are you seeing these signs with your own lead agent? Share your thoughts in the comments. Need me? email@example.com